Tuesday, December 19, 2006

New York, New York

Truman, Jerry and I left for New York City on Friday evening. We have decided that this was our trip full of delays! We arrived in NYC after midnight and we were all exhausted. It was so nice of Sabrina and Mary to meet us at the apartment at such a late hour. The next morning we got up and decided to be on our way to show Truman the big apple! We walked through Central Park, then up to 5th Avenue where Truman participated in his first protest march. There truly must have been about 100 police officers for every protester....an amazing sight to see. One thing for certain, we did feel safe. We then walked to Macy's for a holiday shopping experience. I loved the hustle and bustle of it all. Of course I could not stop myself from buying Truman a little something. I am soooo weak!

Frans picked us up from downtown and took us to his place in Queen's. Truman and I were introduced to the twins Rochelle and Natasha. As you can see from the picture, my son did not waste his time in warming up to the girls! What cuties! Adriana and Frans are going to have a fun time chasing the boys away in a few years!

After visiting Frans, we then introduced Truman to Lilly, as Lilly graciously offered to babysit Truman while we went to Sabrina and Mary's Hanukkah party. We hope Truman was not being too difficult that evening! All I know is that he was crying when we left and asleep when we got back. We had such a nice evening at the party, and both Jerry and I probably ate too much. The meatballs were to die for!


Sunday was a nice family day! We went to Lilly's home for the Tobak annual Hanukkah dinner. We were so honoured to be a part of the festivities and maybe we will be invited to attend next year! Truman of course was spoiled by everyone!

I can't believe how quickly the weekend passed us by and how quickly the holidays are approaching. Truman and I will be busy finishing our shopping, wrapping and maybe even some baking.
In terms of development, Truman learned to grab at toys last week. He is also enjoying chewing his hands, so much so I am hoping he is not teething and he just really likes the taste of his fingers! He is also still talking non-stop and he loves flirting. Both of these traits he takes after his father!

No comments: