Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas!!! We hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season! It is hard to believe that all the presents have been opened and all the food eaten!


Jerry, Truman and I started the holidays with a lovely brunch at the Sullivan's on Saturday afternoon. The Thornton's and the Deans' were also in attendance. Yummy food was had by all!

On Christmas Eve Truman, Jerry and I had a wonderful lunch with David, Wawa, and Peter. Truman was so cute sitting in his Bumbo at the table, he really enjoys being a social butterfly! We then raced home to pack the car for our visit to Ajax. Morrie was delighted to see Rosie, a little friend for him to play with. Rosie is also a miniature schnauzer that Pat and Tina are puppy-sitting. You just have to imagine two "Morrie's" running and barking around the house. It was great entertainment watching them both play. On Christmas Eve Truman was able to open one of his gifts which was a snowsuit from Oopa and Nanny. We tried it on him and then went for a family walk.


Truman had a difficulty sleeping on Christmas Eve, his eczema was really bothering him and he kept scratching his face. Jerry and I felt so sorry for him and we had a hard time soothing him. It almost seemed like the cream we were using agitated him more. His skin does not seem to be getting any better and he now has figured out he can scratch his own face.


Christmas morning was lovely, Tina made fresh croissants and chai tea...so yummy (do you see the theme of food??). We opened our gifts and everyone was spoiled again this year. In the afternoon Truman, Jerry and I went to Alison's parents house to visit with Alexis. Almost every year Alie and I have our picture taken together, I hope we now will start a new tradition with our children. Alexis was in such great spirits despite having her first tooth come in!



Tina and Pat spent most of the day preparing a Christmas feast for the family. Wanda and David also joined us and it was a pleasant evening. Of course, everyone wanted to hold Truman and topic of conversation generally flowed around him.

Despite having a wonderful holiday, Truman has had a difficult few days. Last night Truman was put in his crib for the first time. The first hour was great, Jerry and I could hardly believe it. We started to think that this was going to be an easy feat! Boy were we wrong! From about 10:30pm until 4:00am he was up almost every 10 minutes to half an hour. I moved myself into his room and slept on a makeshift bed to try to get even 20 minutes of sleep. Jerry woke me up at about 7am and Truman was thankfully still sleeping. He got up around 8am (probably because he was hungry) and then we slept in our bed until late this morning. Wow is this going to be tough. I am happy that I was able to sleep for a little bit. I hope tonight will be a little easier but I am afraid that the worst is not over yet. I have to keep thinking that this is for Truman's sake and that the longer we wait the more difficult this will become. I was heartbroken putting him to sleep in his crib last night. Every time I would put his soother back in his mouth he had a death grip on my hands. Which made my heart break a little more. Stay tuned!!

No comments: