Friday, December 29, 2006

4 Months Today

I am conflicted today as I am 1/3 done my maternity leave but my darling son is 4 months and many things are changing in his life! I can't wait for the next few months to see changes in his development.

So, crib training...Day 1 - DISASTROUS! Day 2 - WONDERFUL, Truman got up only twice and I thought that we had solved our sleeping problems in one night. I was so proud of our son, thinking how quickly he adapted! Then, last night from 12am until 6am Truman woke up every hour, on the hour for his pacifier. Luckily I was able to sleep between wakings and felt OK today. Truman cried for awhile this morning when I refused to place the soother in his mouth...it was a battle of the strongest willed and eventually he won. I then brought him to our bed but he refused to sleep! Instead he wanted to play. I am happy that he has had many naps today...I just hope he doesn't hate me for ending our sleeping arrangement. I am holding on, and holding on strong, but I miss sleeping with my little one. This coming from the person who never dreamt of co-sleeping! My, how circumstances change things. Truman has been a little grumpy the past few days, but I hope once he gets back into his sleeping habits he will be back to his happy self. As I write this however, T-dot is chatting up a storm!


This morning we had a short visit from Nanny and Oopa. Then, Truman and I went downtown and had lunch with Jerry and did a little shopping/returning at the Eaton Center. Wow was the mall a zoo, it was very trying making our way through the crowds. We are so excited for the long weekend and have an extra day with Jerry at home!

No comments: