Sunday, March 16, 2008

Auf Wiedersehen Dada

Jerry left tonight for Germany for 2 1/2 weeks. It will be awfully lonely and quiet at home and Truman and I will miss him terribly. I promised Jerry that I would be more diligent in updating the blog - so I am going to try to do so at least every other day. A tall order, since I have been neglecting my duties as of late. Here's a picture of Truman sitting in Jerry's suitcase - he liked helping his father pack (because he loves putting things away, my neat son).
Truman has started to enjoy singing songs - his top three favs, in no particular order are 1) Baa Baa Black Sheep, 2) Old McDonald, and 3) Itsy Bitsy Spider. He will request a particular song and have me sing it over, and over again. Why do children not tire of the repetition?
Jerry and I have also been trying to be strict with "please" and "thank you". Truman generally has it down, but sometime will mix "thank you" with "please". Although his "please" sounds more like "mease"...I'll take it! I am happy as long as he'll have good manners.
Here's a picture of Truman in his big boy chair, well really we just took off the tray to see if he would prefer sitting up at the table. I have been struggling lately in trying to get Truman into his highchair. After a messy dinner, we decided to put the tray back on the chair until Jerry and Morrie return. How do families with toddlers survive without a dog???

No comments: