Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tooth Number 7

For the past few days Truman has not been himself, he hasn't been chatting or smiling as much as usual. Thursday night he woke up at about 3am screaming and would not let go of me, so I brought him into bed with us (both Jerry and I did not get any sleep as a result). Although I was fairly tired, Friday Truman and I headed downtown to visit Jerry at work and met up with Misty for lunch. During lunch, Truman was in so much pain he would not stop screaming...poor thing. However, after some meds, Truman had some fun visiting with Jerry's coworkers but only wanted me to hold him. I am not sure what has happened to my social butterfly?? I can definitely see a little white nub emerging from his top gums. He's finally getting his two front teeth!

On Saturday morning, Jerry and I took Truman for his first Tim Horton's experience. We gave Truman a plain toasted bagel to try. He ate about a quarter of a bagel and it took him almost an hour to eat it, but I honestly loved every moment. Such joy!

Sunday I celebrated my first Mother's Day and was spoiled by my son. Jerry, Truman and I hosted a nice brunch in our backyard (thankfully the weather held out) for the Topolski mom's (Wanda and Baba) and then we had my parent's over for a light dinner and walk later that evening. It was such a wonderful day! A special thanks to Misty for helping me prepare the afternoon feast!

No comments: