Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Let's Toga!



Truman and I are so happy that Jerry has returned from his trip to Alabama. I think Truman really missed his father. Truman and I did our best to keep busy and keep out of trouble! On Friday night, Aunt Tina and Misty came over for dinner and spent the night with us. Truman did not sleep well and kept waking up. I felt horrible for Tina as she had to get up early for work the next morning. At one point I was sleeping on the floor in the nursery with Truman on my chest. He hasn't wanted to sleep on me since he was about 4 weeks old. For whatever reason he did not want to sleep without me, nor did he want to sleep in my bed. Weird! I guess there must have been something calming about his own room. After a period of time and me being really uncomfortable and afraid of straining my neck any further I brought Truman into bed to sleep with Tina and I.



Saturday we decided to take poor Morrie to Sherwood Park for a little off-leash time. Morrie's tri-weekly group walks ended on Monday and I thought he would want some time to play with other puppies. He stayed close to the troops like last time and did not want to play with the other dogs. He again, was very protective over Truman. I think Truman was the only one of us who actually enjoyed watching the other puppies run around and play. In particular there was one bulldog who kept coming right up to Truman and they were nose to nose. Saturday night Truman really wanted to go to a toga party so Misty and I decided to have one for the three of us at home! :) Silly baby tricks, I know.




Sunday morning I packed an over night bag and went to my parents house. Truman, Morrie and I were pampered as usual and had a fun time with Nanny and Oopa going for walks and many cups of Tim Horton's. Starbuck's would be shamed by my lack of loyalty for those few days!




Truman and I have been visiting a number of daycare centers this past week. We have seen three in total and every time we leave, my heart breaks and I end up calling Jerry and crying. It's not that I think that these facilities are horrible, the contrary, I just can't even come to the thought of someone else caring for my baby. I am sure that he will be OK, I just have to get over this and learn to let go of him, a little. I have also dropped a feeding, so knowing that breastfeeding will also almost be over and knowing that Truman is growing into a toddler are all new steps and changes. Almost too much for a new mommy to handle!

No comments: