Thursday, May 24, 2007

Feeling Hot! Hot! Hot!/Another Weigh In

Wow! What a warm one! Truman and I had our weekly swimming class on Thursday and we had a lot of fun splashing around in the pool. We are so sad that next week is our last class, so we may have to sign up again for the summer session. After my caffeine hit I took a little longer walk home, well actually I ended up in the opposite direction, and I am not sure how this happened but I ended up in Winners! I was a good girl and just browsed around. Truman fell asleep on our walk home, so I wheeled the stroller into the backyard and into some shade. He had such a good nap outside while I did some gardening. I caught a picture of him...how cute that he has his little foot resting on the bar!

After lunch, I decided that Truman needed a pool for the backyard, especially if yesterday and today is any indication of the type of summer we are going to have. If I had known that the trip to Toy R Us was going to be such a fiasco, I think I should have stayed home! A few weeks I saw a great little pool that came with a shade cover. Why I didn't pick it up then who knows! Of course Toys R Us did not have it in stock anymore. So I picked out another small pool that cannot deflate and came with a parasol. Perfect! I paid for the pool, went around back to pick it up. It was taking them FOREVER! Finally they brought me the pool, sans umbrella and no plug! Somehow, sitting in a dry pool would not be my idea of fun. It turns out, ALL the pools are missing their plugs. So, I had to return this pool and in haste I bought another one. On my drive home, with the pool scrunched up beside me, knowing that we have limited space I decided to go to Canadian Tire. Can you believe I found the pool that I originally wanted! Woop! Woop! I bought it, and then had to return the other pool. OMG! Honestly, why did I have to complicate things so much!


Today Truman had his 9 month check up, he weighed in at 8.60 kg (just under 19lbs) and is 74cm long. He is in the 25th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for height. I thought for sure he would be over 20 lbs, but Jerry was right, he is still is fairly light! I am just happy that he is gaining weight. Our next appointment isn't until Truman is 12 months.




Today Truman pulled himself up again on his little puzzle bench that Macayla gave him. He desperately wants to walk and stand by himself. Whenever we "practice" walking, he tries to let go of my hand, well more like he tries to rip his hand out of mine. Truman still has very little desire to crawl, but he is moving more towards that direction. Yesterday he was sitting on the floor and then kicked his legs out from under him, but one leg was caught and he started to get frustrated. We will have to keep trying!

No comments: