Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Happy 60th Nanny!


Yesterday Oopa, Tina, Pat, Jerry, Truman and I celebrated Nanny's (my mother's) 60th birthday! We all had such a wonderful evening....and Truman was excellent at the restaurant. It was only at the end of the meal when he had enough and started to fuss. We were all surprised at how good he was being! After dinner the gang headed back to our place for dessert, which of course was made by aunt Tina....yum! Tina made an orange blossom butter cake, with date mousse filing and iced with a chocolate ganache! We all took part in bathing Truman and then put him to bed (although he did not want to sleep). Truman woke up again in the middle of the night (two nights in a row) and had trouble falling back asleep. I hope this does not become a pattern, because I am having trouble falling back asleep too after he wakes up. I was up last night for two and a half hours until I decided to make myself a warm cup of milk. I was so tired this morning that I didn't even hear Jerry get out of bed!!

Truman and I walked Jerry to the subway this morning and then went for a long walk! Jerry was going to take the day off to spend with us and he was heartbroken when he was presented with more work yesterday afternoon. Poor daddy did not want to leave us today, we'll count down the days until the weekend!


Today I am going to try to make some baby food....I hope it turns out OK!!!! The first few times Truman tried bananas he wasn't crazy about them at all, but once I mixed it with oatmeal or rice cereal he seemed to enjoy the bananas that much better! It's all about the distractions!
Jerry, Truman, Morrie and I would also like to wish Grandpa Topolski a Happy 60th Birthday! We are looking forward to our visit this summer!

No comments: