Saturday, October 04, 2008

Cross Border Shopping

I am not sure if I am brave or crazy, but I decided to take my rambunctious two-year old cross border shopping with Tina, Avery, Karen and Misty. I was anticipating the worst and looking back now, it actually wasn't too bad. Sure there were moments throughout the trip where I was extremely stressed out. For example, I am not sure what I was thinking when we embarked on a five and a half hour car ride. There were a few instances where Tina and I were about to jump out of our moving car, listening to two children screaming in unison...mine was yelling "out mommy, out, I want out" all the time knowing we had another 3 hours to go! Nothing like a good book to calm him down. Truman poved to be quite the entertainer the entire weekend, in fact, the only time he stopped talking was while he was asleep.
And shopping, yes Truman lost his patience when I was in BR trying on a mountain of clothing. And yes, he opened the door to the change room when I was wearing next to nothing. Tiny little moments, easily forgotten! Thank goodness for playgrounds at the mall! For the most part Truman was quite helpful in picking out things for me to buy and try on (maybe he will be a shopper too...Jerry only prays that he is not).
In the end I was very happy that I was able to spend the entire weekend with him.

No comments: