Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mischief and Manipulation

Our darling son has been getting into mischief and is very manipulative these days. He loves to get into everything and I have been finding that most of my nights are spent cleaning up after him. Although, truly I don't mind and it is probably why I fall asleep in an instant each night.
Tonight, I found Truman in our Tupperware drawer....he took out every container we own. He thoroughly enjoyed stacking the containers, putting one inside the other, oh and his favourite....chucking the pieces across the room. Now I had no excuses for organizing the cupboard this evening (Jerry has been asking me for the past few weeks).


Now on to the manipulation. Truman now loves to take my hand, or Jerry's hand and lead us to where he wants to go...whether it is downstairs to play, or to go to the next room. Today, when I picked Truman up from day care, he took my hand, his teacher's hand and lead us out of the classroom, up the ramp and to the front door. This evening, when we got home, Truman was hungry, but I had to make his dinner first and tried to distract him by playing with some toys. Truman was at his high chair and determined to eat. He came over to me, put the toy neatly away, put the top back on the toy box, took my hand and lead me to his high chair. How can we not give in to his wants? It's seriously hard.

At day care, Truman is now on "poop patrol". He informs his teacher who has had a "poo poo" and tries to check their diaper to confirm. He will also let us know when he has had a "poo poo" by pointing to his bum and saying the words. Nice! Hmmm...is toilet training in my near future? Yikes...not sure if I am ready!







No comments: