Saturday, November 12, 2011

We're Back!!!

I know, it has been a very long time since I've last posted and I don't have any good excuses. But I will try to be more diligent and post more often. So, what has been going on since May?

The Topolskis had a wonderful summer.  Luckily the weather cooperated and we spent a good chunk of our time in the pool.  Truman made great strides in his swimming.  By the end of the summer he was able to swim in the pool without a life jacket.  Looks like Oliver is also turning into a water baby and loves to be in the pool.  If we had known that the warm weather would have lasted into mid October, we would have probably left the pool open longer.  Oh well!
In July we celebrated Oliver's 2nd birthday.  For Olie's big day we had a small gathering with family and then headed up north for a short family vacation. Oliver's birthday present came in the form of the stomach flu, poor thing.  Despite Oliver being sick we still managed to have a nice trip together.
Next came Truman's 5th birthday at the end of August. We celebrated by having a pirate party topped off with a treasure hunt in the park. Tina made a fabulous treasure chest cake (of course). Fun was had by all. I think it was my favourite party to date.  All the kids had costumes in the form of eye patches, bandannas and tattoos! 

In September it was back to school for Truman, however,  he is now attending French Immersion. I was very hesitant about the decision, but for now I am so happy that we moved him as Truman seems to be flourishing and enjoying his new school.  The amount of French he has learned in the past few months has been amazing.  I have also been helping Truman learn how to read (in English), which at times can be quite challenging but I am very happy and proud of his progress. Truman also seems to be loving math, much like his father.



Oliver started preschool in September. He loves it and the only downfall is that he only attends two mornings a week. I am certain he would love to go every day if he could. As we turn onto the street of the school Oliver is already saying good-bye to me.   I'm so happy that the transition went so well. 
At the end of the summer we moved the two boys into the same bed. Oliver had jumped out of his crib a couple of times and we realized it was now time for Oliver to be moved into a bed. We converted Olie's crib into a toddler bed, but he had zero desire to sleep there. He was only interested in sleeping with Truman. Truman didn't seem to mind and they have been together ever since. I guess we will continue with this arrangement until it no longer works!



This takes us now to Halloween!  Oliver LOVED Halloween this year and loved is an understatement. He could have gone out all night collecting candy. I'm certain he tried each and every treat he received as I found half-eaten items in his bag. Truman too had a lot of fun but wanted to know when he could trick-or-treat on his own!!

No comments: