Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy Merry

Goodbye 2009, hello shiny new decade! Another busy year over and another year to be thankful for so many things. The Topolski Family welcomed the newest arrival to our clan, we travelled to St. Lucia to visit Grandpa Topolski, and spent a lot of quality family time together. Truman was involved in gymnastics, soccer, music class, he learned to ride a bike, and became an amazing swimmer over the summer. Oliver learned to roll, grab onto objects and babble (his newest being "ba"). I am looking forward to another amazing year of watching my two boys grow.




Like every year, we spent the holidays at my parents place. This year, however, at times, was a mad house with Truman and Avery running around. I can only imagine what next year will be like when we throw potentially two more mobile boys in the mix. My father has promised to have the basement finished so that the kids have a nice place to play and sleep.



This year, as a family we decided that we would only give gifts to the children and exchange stockings with the adults. I cannot tell you how long it took us to unwrap gifts for the three little munchkins. I think it took several hours until all the goodies were opened. We did have a break or two for breakfast and naps, but it was an exhausting feat. I think next year we will have to set a limit for the kiddies too!!



Truman has been off since December 24th as his daycare has been closed for the holidays. I was honestly really worried how I was going to handle and entertain both children at home alone (as Jerry did have to work on and off). It was actually easier than I thought, and incredibly fulfilling. We were able to keep ourselves busy by going to the Science Centre and the library, we went for a few walks, and I even took both kids to the mall on my own. I think I will be a little sad when Truman returns to school. Luckily we have one more week together, as the Topolskis are leaving for a week vacation to Disney World on Sunday.




Mother's intuition is an amazing thing. My poor Oliver has been fighting a cold since Monday. What worried me most is that he was not his usual happy self. Instead, he would have screaming bouts where he would be unconsolable. He had difficulty eating for several days. Then, it dawned on me....he had an ear infection. So, first thing this morning, I headed to the pediatric walk-in clinic, and sure enough, our little one is fighting his first ear infection. I am sure this will be fisrt of many, as Truman, if you remember also had several ear infections before he got tubes. I just hope he feels better for our trip. My poor little Olie.

No comments: