Thursday, October 01, 2009

Giggles

Oliver in general is a serious and calm little fellow. He does enjoy to smile and especially giggle in delight. He seems to have just discovered his voice and loves to modulate it. I also believe he recognizes me, as he has difficulty taking his eyes off me at times. I don't mind! However, when I try to capture his smile he becomes so captivated by the camera the smile is replaced by a look of deep thinking.
The days and weeks seem to be flying by. We keep ourselves quite busy with Salsa Babies, Mommy Movies, meeting up with friends, and going for walks. Our social calendar is quite booked up lately. I am enjoying every minute of being with my youngest son.
Oliver is still a pretty good sleeper but of course when my dear husband goes away he decides to have some difficulty. I am hoping to hit the sack a little early tonight. Why do children seem to know when their parents are not home? Fingers crossed that tonight will be a better night and I can get some much needed sleep.
The biggest hurdle that Oliver and I are trying to overcome is breastfeeding, if you can believe we are still having problems almost 12 weeks in. I have resorted to pumping on one side to alleviate the pain and promote healing. Tomorrow we will attempt to latch again hopefully with some success. Regardless, we have an appointment with Dr. Newman in a few weeks. In the meantime, hopefully my repetitive strain injury subsides! All for my little boy!

I am trying to remember when "routine" sets in with the little ones. I can't quite remember when Truman had a nap/bedtime schedule. Oliver scheduled himself for bedtime and goes to sleep anytime between 7pm and 9pm. He usually only wakes up once at night for a quick feed and sleeps again until about 6am and is then up until we take Truman to school. I am sure we will start developing a schedule soon and I am not in any hurry.

No comments: