Thursday, February 21, 2008

Update

OK, so it has been a long time since I last updated the website. It feels like forever, and I have been so exhausted at night that I can't fathom writing even one line. So, what have we been up to? Well, earlier this month Truman had his surgery to put tubes in his ears. It was a long day for all of us, but I am happy to report that things seem like they have improved, especially in terms of Truman's behaviour, he has definitely been less cranky. We have a follow-up appointment in a few weeks to test his hearing again, and hopefully now he can hear at a more normal level. When we returned home from the hospital the poor thing was so hungry he ate from about 3pm until he went to bed non-stop. The nurse warned me not to feed him too much, but I couldn't deny him, and he ended up being just fine.

Truman, Jerry, Grandpa David and I went to the Auto Show on Sunday. I can't tell you how much Truman enjoyed going into the backseat and trunks of all the cars and trucks. He is going to love cars just as much as his father, or so Jerry hopes. David became even more smitten by Truman at the auto show as Truman said David's name for the first time. All other misdeeds to date have been forgotten. I had the biggest scare of my life however. I had to change Truman in the women's bathroom, and when we were finished, I put Truman down and before I knew it he was running out of the washroom screaming with joy at the top of his lungs. Thank goodness Jerry was there, I have never moved faster in my entire life.

On Tuesday night, Oopa babysat Truman and the entire time Truman sat at the front door whining and calling "Momma". He was so upset that we left, in fact the only thing that calmed Truman down was to sit and sulk in his crib. He didn't even want to watch cartoons, which is one of his favourite past-times these days. I am hoping that this is just a quick stage that he is going through.




No comments: