Thursday, October 21, 2010

Begging for Donuts

Almost every Saturday morning we head to Tim Horton's for breakfast. We have been doing this since Truman was able to eat bagels and possibly even before. We now have our close friends and neighbours the Smith's join us. The three older boys (Harry, Truman and Jude) share a sprinkle donut, that is until the youngest child took notice, and wow does he notice. Not only does he want in on the deal, we often have to hide the donut until he finishes his bagel. My youngest son has a sweet tooth! He loves Tim Horton's so much that even when we are out for a walk and we pass the restaurant he starts to shake in anticipation of getting a timbit (please note I hardly oblige). Earlier this week we were playing at the park. All of a sudden Oliver gets up and starts walking towards a woman with a Tim Horton's bag. My child starts begging her for some and didn't stop until he left with half a chocolate donut in hand. Yikes!

On Monday Oliver had his 15 month appointment. We were not surprised to find out that Oliver weighed 25 lbs and is 77 cm in length. Funny however, this puts him only at the 50th percentile for weight. Who are these other babies? I want to know! Oliver didn't even flinch when he received his first shot, the second one sent him in hysterics and into my arms. Poor thing.

Earlier this week we had our first library class and I had my first glimpse of Oliver following in his brother's footsteps. Wow did my son put on the charm. He hardly sat on my lap, but instead worked the room. He sat with the teacher, danced around to the music and checked out the other kids. The only time he would come to me was for a hug now and again. By the end of the class, everyone knew Oliver's name!

Truman has been such a delight lately! Funny how right now, Oliver is the more difficult child. Other than not listening to me, Truman has become, shall I say, almost easy? He is kind and helpful to his little brother, wants to help me out in the kitchen, and he is very interested in doing his homework every night. So much so that on Friday night when my parents were babysitting, Truman had gone up to bed and then told his grandmother that he couldn't go to sleep yet because he needed to finish his homework first! My mother told him it was Friday and that he had the whole weekend to complete it which seemed to satisfy him. Hopefully, when he is in high school he will still have the same attitude. I can only hope!





No comments: