Sunday, August 29, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Truman! Oliver takes a few steps!

Today, my baby turned four. I have been thinking about Truman's birthday now for weeks and anticipating how it would affect me. You see, not only is Truman turning four, but on Tuesday he finishes day care and then in a few weeks he is off to kindergarten. When I think about Truman leaving day care I am in tears....funny, considering three years I had the same response as I dropped him off for the first time. I am just not ready for my angel to go to "big boy" school...although I am also excited for the year to come. I can't tell you how many times today I just held Truman in my arms and hugged him as tightly as I could.

So, how did we celebrate? On Saturday morning we had a cooking party for Truman at Loblaws. We had a blast as we hope did all our guests. The kids made fruit kabobs, pizza and then decorated cupcakes. Fun! Later in the afternoon we had the family over for (two) cakes (made by Tina, of course) and coffee. Tina, being the super awesome aunt that she is, made a chocolate cake just for Truman. I had a piece tonight, and it was delicious, as was the watermelon ice cream cake.


Today, since it was so hot outside, we spent the entire day in the pool! What a great day to have a birthday. Then the Topolski clan went out for a nice family dinner together at a local restaurant. Both Jerry and I were amazed at how well both boys behaved. Maybe the threat of losing a cupcake helped Truman be on his best behaviour?

Our little Olie is gaining his confidence and has been taking a few steps solo over the last couple of days. He still prefers to cruise, hold your hand or crawl at high speeds, but on occasion I can trick him into walking towards me. He is gaining an interest in books and is following his brothers footsteps in his love of animals. His three favourite words seem to be "dog", "cat" and "duck", although at times these three words can sound the same!

The next few weeks I will be busy preparing for the upcoming school year. Trying to figure out what to pack in school lunches and planning after shcool activities. I am sure I will be fighting off tears on Truman's first day.
Truman, I want to wish you the most wonderful birthday. I love you with all of my heart and I am so happy that you are a part of my life. I look forward to learning more about you and watching you grow.

No comments: