Monday, February 15, 2010

7 Months, Baby's First Tooth, and the Sign of a Skier

On Thursday Oliver turned 7 months, no stats to report as we don't have another appointment until April when Oliver is 9 months. Saturday morning we woke up to a rather grumpy Oliver, he was definitely not himself. He kept screaming and was quite unhappy. At about mid-day, I fed Oliver and as he opened his mouth I saw the tops of a tooth on the bottom of his mouth. Our little one got his first tooth! We have been waiting for it to sprout for some time now and finally it is here. Two days later, the second one has popped out! Gone are the days of the toothless grin.

On Saturday morning, Jerry took Truman for his first skiing lesson. Jerry tells me he was a natural and loved every moment of it. I am so very proud of him. Jerry is so excited that he may have someone to ski with in the future. Since, we have taken him to the park near our house to practice his newly learned skill!

Oliver is also sitting for some time on his own now, ah how quickly he is changing (as I mentioned in my last post). He also prefers to feed himself and likes to hold onto a spoon as I feed him. He still is not that keen on eating the mushy stuff but is eating through the mum mums. At least it is something, and I will continue to try in hopes that he turns around. He seems to enjoy the first few spoonfuls and then is bored. Thank goodness his older brother can distract him so I can get in an extra bite!

Today was Ontario's second annual Family Day. We started our lovely day by having breakfast at Tim Horton's with the Smiths and then spent the afternoon with the Sullivans in Oakville. Truman had a great time playing with Ethan and Troy. I truly think that Truman did not want to come home as there were too many fabulous toys to play with! What a lovely long weekend.
The Topolski household has been enjoying watching the Olympics...GO CANADA GO!!!!

No comments: