Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Like 'Em Big, I Like 'Em Chunkey

OK well not quite...Oliver had his one month appointment yesterday and he is continuing to gain weight, yippee! He weighed in at 4.44 kg (9 lbs and 14 oz). He is 55 cm in length. So this puts him at the 50 percentile for both height and weight. I figured he was close to 1o lbs as his newborn diapers are starting to get a little snug on him. However, since he was such a big baby at birth I also expected a higher percentile for weight. We have time to catch up. Truman was in low percentiles for weight as well until about 2 years, if I am recalling correctly.
Life with a newborn so far has been pretty good. A much different experience this time than last and we as a family have adjusted quite quickly and are enjoying the new addition. Truman has only just started acting out for attention (having a few accidents and tantrums to vie for my attention). I am hoping this soon will pass. I have been trying as much as I can to spend some alone time with Truman. I hope this will help him through this transition period.


I am still having a hard time believing that a month has already passed since Oliver joined our lives. The time already is going too quickly. I am spending my days getting to know him better. We went to our first movie together on Monday and saw Julie & Julia. Oliver behaved so well that I had to wake him up to feed him, which meant stripping him down before he made a peep.



No comments: