Thursday, July 02, 2009

Potty Time

Jerry and I decided we should try to start potty training Truman before the next little bundle arrives. We spent part of one weekend at home and only let Truman wear underwear. We had accident after accident and we were feeling defeated. Less than a few weeks later we are fully potty trained (well at least at home). Truman has woken up with a dry diaper every morning for almost two weeks. Today we were out and about and he held his pee for 3 1/2 hours until we got home (he refused to pee on a public toilet!). I am so proud. Everyone told me that it would happen when he was ready and it is so true!

This morning, Tina and I brought our boys to get some photos taken and I think by the end of the session (which wasn't that long) we both were completely stressed out...but not stressed out enough, since we decided to take them to lunch. I have to say both kids were well behaved, it was just the last few minutes when things started to get a little wild!


Today was also the first day of my maternity leave...our new addition arrives in 12 days, I can't believe it. This will probably be my last post until then. I am planning to spend the next week and a half as selfishly as I can. I am looking forward to spending time with myself, Jerry and Truman and make the most of these few days together. However, I am also counting down the days to meet our new baby!

No comments: