Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend

The Topolski Family had another busy weekend! Friday morning Truman and I headed over to Pat, Tina and Avery's new condo. We stopped to first pick up our favourite pastries from Ma Maison. After we finished our treats, we took a much needed walk in High Park. While we were in High Park we decided to visit the zoo and Truman loved it. Later in the day he talked about the Yaks and Bison he saw. He is very interested in animals and we will have to take him to the Toronto Zoo soon for a visit.

Friday evening we went to Wanda and David's for dinner as Aunt Lilly came to visit us from NYC. Truman did not make a good impression as he had a hard time going down for a nap earlier, and was a little rambunctious to say the least. Combine that with some ice cream and you have a recipe for disaster. But to our benefit Truman slept in a little! Luckily we saw Lilly several times over the weekend so Truman could redeem himself!



On Saturday morning Truman, Jerry and I attended the first annual Wanless Park Easter Egg Hunt hosted by our good friend and neighbour Rebecca. There were about 18 children in attendance. My dear husband, the good sport he is, agreed to be the Easter Bunny. To my amazement Truman was excited to see the Easter Bunny and did not hesitate to greet him and give him a big hug. Needless to say the Easter Egg Hunt was a success and I hope that next year will be as successful. Plus, there will be another Topolski running around trying to gather eggs!

Today we headed over to Nanny and Oopa's for Easter Dinner. We were joined by Pat, Tina, Avery and Misty. Both kids seemed to be having fun interacting at least a little bit together. Tina made an amazing cheesecake plus added her magic touch to many of the dishes. I was so full from all of the food and probably should have gone for a walk.



I have noticed a few changes in Truman over the last several weeks. Truman has become more independent and has been enjoying playing on his own. On Wednesday when we were at Wanda's for Passover, Truman watched TV in the basement by himself. He is also losing interest in sleeping in the crib. He has spent several nights sleeping in the big boy bed in the spare room. Jerry and I will have to get moving and buy Truman a much needed bed. He loves to ask "Mommy, can I help you?" and "Mommy can I do this?". However, my favourite new phrase of Truman's is "Mommy, I need a cookie to make me feel better". So sweet, yet so manipulative!



I hope everyone had a very Happy Easter!





No comments: