Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Avery's Arrival

My beautiful little nephew was born today, June 11th at 12:17am. Avery Michael Carter O'Brien weighed in at 6lbs 13oz. Mom and Dad are both doing well and are extremely happy. Tina, looked fantastic and had so much energy for such little sleep. I could not wait to see him, so I headed over this morning, but I will have to wait until tomorrow to hold him. We're hoping Avery will be discharged from the NICU Friday morning so the new family can begin their life together.
Tonight, Truman and I decided to enjoy the beautiful weather and have our dinner outside. I scared off a few caterpillars as Truman suddenly has a fear of them. One unfortunate fellow was crawling on his pants and mommy quickly had to exterminate the little critter.
I was feeding Truman a blueberry for dessert and by accident he bit my finger (which hurt quite a bit). He took my hand and kissed my finger, patted my head and said "OK, better?"...then hugged me....I guess it was his way of saying sorry??

Truman, Jerry and I spent last weekend at Wanda and David's house (as our home is currently on the market and we were having an open house. Anyone interested?). Wanda loved her grandson being around, and Truman rules now even his grandmother's house!




No comments: